Sustainably Sourced Timber
Chain of custody
Supporting timber industry initiatives
- Continued membership and adherence to the Timber Trade Federation code of conduct and responsible purchasing policy for timber procurement.
- Membership of the Scottish Timber Trade Association, adhering to their code of conduct
- Membership of the Timber Development UK (TDUK) Carbon Committee
- Membership of the Timber Development UK (TDUK) Circular Economy Committee
Imported Natural Stone
- Our suppliers, Stonemarket and Marshalls, are also committed to sustainable development, ensuring that their business is managed with this in mind.
- Many suppliers importing Indian natural sandstone do not engage in monitoring how their stone is produced.
- Stonemarket and Marshalls appreciate the need for regular and consistent auditing to ensure legal compliance and ethical trading with developing countries.
Ethical Trading Initiative
Our suppliers' parent company is a member of the Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI), an alliance of companies, trade unions and non-profit organisations that aims to promote respect for the rights of workers worldwide.
- In India, Stonemarket and Marshalls only buy sandstone from Stone Shippers India, which in addition to the ETI base code compliance, is certified by AIB — Vincotte International, not to source any raw materials from quarries employing child labour
- Our suppliers continue to undertake regular auditing to ensure that the highest standards are always maintained
The Assurance of Quality
Stonemarket and Marshalls work exclusively with reputable and reliable suppliers that meet their own stringent requirements and those relevant to our industry. In India, their supply partner has achieved ISO 9002 Quality Assurance accreditation.
You can read our modern slavery statement here.